Camp Quest is a secular alternative to Vacation Bible School or traditional church summer camp. There, parents can send their children to learn about evolution and secularism in America. The Camp is a part of a greater organization, the Secular Coalition of America which is attempting to end faith based employment discrimination.
The organization holds camp all over the United States for families who desire to avoid church based camp.
Part of their mission statement includes the following information. They are:
“aimed at the children of Atheists, Freethinkers, Humanists, Brights, or whatever other terms might be applied to those who hold to a naturalistic, not supernatural world view.
“Through our programs we seek to:
- Build a community for freethinking families
- Foster curiosity, questioning, and critical thinking
- Encourage reason and compassion as foundations of an ethical, productive and fulfilling life
- Raise awareness of positive contributions made by atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, and other nontheistic people to our society
- Promote an open dialogue about metaphysical questions that is marked by challenging each other’s ideas while at the same time treating each other with respect
- Demonstrate atheism and humanism as positive, family-friendly worldviews”
~Camp Quest Website “Our Mission” page
“People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them.When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.”
Mark 10:13-14 NIV
And this… from their 2010 camp.
Vodpod videos no longer available.